Thursday, January 26, 2012

Chinese New Year Goodies

I'm back after 3 days of stuffing myself silly with Chinese New Year goodies, and I hope I'm not too late to wish all our readers a Happy Lunar New Year!

I hope everyone had a good time collecting ang baos and stuffing yourselves with pineapple tarts, yu sheng and bak kwa too because I definitely did, although I'm starting to suffer the side effect of having too much good food (where has my waistline gone?!). Chinese New Year has got to be my favorite holiday for so many reasons besides the food - meeting up with friends and family members, sleeping in, gambling the night away and last but not least, watching everyone deck themselves up in their new Chinese New Year clothes.

My colour of choice - red. I decided to take the traditional route this year by wearing this auspicious colour which symbolises prosperity, wealth and luck for the year ahead. The accessories were all from Amado Gudek. A resin bauble ring with gold foil within (something that I won from Amado Gudek's Facebook competition) and a water dragon-ish hand-molded necklace (coincedentally we're in the year of the water dragon now) which was a gift from Elaine who is the designer of Amado Gudek. 


Clockwise from top left: Maroon shift dress - Zara, Necklace - Amado Gudek, Ring - Amado Gudek, Red Dress - H&M

Here are some other shots of the pieces from Amado Gudek. I didn't manage to wear the earrings that Elaine gave, but don't they look like auspicious Chinese knots! 






Once again, Happy New Year to everyone! I hope you'll have a great year ahead filled with lots of prosperity! Huat ah!





♥,
Fal

No comments:

Post a Comment